These mixes are suited to professional growers and keen gardeners alike. By making use of our extensive range of growing media ingredients, we can create bespoke mixes for more specific growing applications. We have worked closely with renowned Horticulturalist Susie Holmes, and specialist growers to produce a comprehensive range of growing media.
Importantly we can provide these mixes by the bulk bag (1000 ltrs) and smaller (60 ltr) bags, which is ideal for smaller specialist growers who do not require the minimum order larger quantities available from other suppliers.
To our extensive range of growing media (soils, composts, barks, peats etc) we can add the following to optimise growing conditions and ensure plant success:
- Weevil control;
- pH reducing/increasing compounds;
- Slow release fertilisers (These will release nutrients gradually anywhere from 3 to 14 months as required);
- Speciality fertiliser (gives the initial nutrient boost for first planting)
- Dolomite (aka Mag lime) – ground limestone that is rich in magnesium (unlike normal garden lime which is just calcium carbonate);
- Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate (reduces weight without compromising the growing media ie ideal for pots and planters that you may want to move around over the season)
- Perlite (for aeration);
- Vermiculite (to aid nutrient uptake and water retention);
- Celcote (wetting agent – reduces need for watering by up to 25% without compromising growth of the plant);
- 6mm grit (to aid drainage)
These can be added at various inclusion rates depending on the needs of the specific plants.
Please contact us to discuss you specific requirements.
We have worked with professional growers to create specialist mixes. You can purchase some of our more common mixes online, however if you require something that you cannot see here please do not hesitate to contact us and we can price up a bespoke mix for you:
All Available in 20ltr bags (subj to min order) Bulk Bag (1m³), Supersize bag (2m³)
Loose loads available – please call our offices for further details.